Mobile Wi-Fi
In my personal opinion, there are basically 2 types of nerds. There are those that are so wrapped up into their Sci-Fi and RPG's that actual social interaction (and often basic hygene) becomes a chore. Then there's the nerd that not only has a good idea, but follows through with it. These nerds, often featured on slashdot, improve our lives...or at least make them cooler. Cue a recent hack posted by Nathan True who came up with an excellent model for converting your cell-phone broadband account into a readily accessible Wi-Fi connection. I must admit, the $49.99/mo unlimited data usage plan offered by Verizon seems a lot less daunting when I know I can drop my $39.99/mo cablemodem service and act as a "mobile hotspot" whilst I drive. But who knows, I may have just labeled myself into nerd definition 1.


2 Comments:
Yes I can most definitly say you are a nerd #1 also. But I've always known you were!
This sounds like something Sean elaborately described to me one day... not that I understand anything that he was saying... so, he has ideas, but alas, is by far nerd #1. Seriously, what is with you guys? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home