A new addition to the family
Well, it was destined to happen. With the chill of winter quickly approaching and the heat of a recent summer still in my mind, I finally decided to buy a new car. This model has heat and a/c as opposed to the Celica (*sniff) which only featured a fan that blew outside air temp. Actually, now that I think about it, in the summer it would blow warmer than outside temp and although I never tested it I wouldn't have been suprised if the winter air was magically colder. Anyway, in a giant step I have funded the purchase of a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE who shall henceforth be known as Maxine...what else would I call her? Behold the beauty below.



I know what you're thinking and yes it is a 4-door automatic. No this does not mean I am now your chauffer...I don't care how many rides you gave me during high-school!
This last photo commemorates the last photo taken by myself of old Gladys. For those of you unaware, Gladis was my 1989 Toyota Celica GT. She served me well for many years and ran great for a car with 217,000 miles on her or "more than 4/5 of the way to the moon" as I used to say.


3 Comments:
Wow. I never thought this day would come. It's as if.... as if... somebody stabbed the memories of my highschool shenanigans and Cerwin Vega subwoofers with a brand new Nissan Maxima.
Oh how it glistens with bloody Cannonball innocence.
I hope you enjoy the a/c during the winter months.
THis is Lauri your sister. THe oldest one(Yes, I am pretty old now). Hi. I hope the new car was worth the money. You always spent to much money. Do you still have you piggy bank? I like cheese.
-Lauri
Post a Comment
<< Home